I am primarily focused on writing and lecturing. I am available to present genealogical lectures on researching African-ancestored families from the historical slave South.
I provide this service in the Washington, DC metropolitan area, the Greenville area of the Upstate of SC (including Laurens County), and elsewhere by arrangement.
I specialize in the topics below. If you don’t see a topic of interest, please feel free to contact me with your suggestion or request.
- African American Genealogy
- Methodology and Strategies
- Using Probate Files
- Slavery and the Law
- Genealogy Ethics
- Genealogy Standards
- Historical Context
- Planning Research
- Assembly and Analysis of Evidence
- Immigration and Naturalization
- Narrative Genealogies, Lineages, and Pedigrees
Click on the title for more information.